6.17.2011

A Little Sketchy

Tools. There are many standard and some very unique tools that artists can utilize to craft their creations. Fifteen years ago, as I was applying to Disney, DreamWorks and Warner Bros. Animation Studios, a new technology was changing the way animated features were being produced. Today's artists must not only be craftsmen, but also need to stay current with the technology of their trade.

This was apparent to me during my tour of the DreamWorks Animaiton Studios in Glendale, CA. Paper has now been replaced by the Wacom Cintiq 21UX. Unfortunately, they retail for $1,999!


Luckily, there is a more economical option with the Wacom Bamboo. Today I purchased my first tablet in order to adapt to this new world of technological tools. I admit that I have always been a little apprehensive about using these tablets. But with anything, practice is essential to get the user comfortable and confident with their new found skills and abilities.

No comments: