3.30.2012

Twitter Toons

Technology. We can choose to embrace it or be afraid of it. I must admit that one can get a little paranoid with all the information that is floating around on the Internet, especially after watching a special on one monopoly in the Cyberverse, and another in the SoMe-sphere.

In life, everything is a balance and I choose to stay current and utilize the technological advances, while still taking moments to get outside and enjoy the fresh air with my family.

Recently I embarked on an adventure to learn Twitter. Like many I am sure, I had no desire to share with people what I was doing every second of the day, but was encouraged by my good friend @BruceSallan, whom I illustrate his weekly comic strip Because I Said So, to give it a few weeks and participate in his weekly #DadChat.

After reading a few books on how to most effectively use Twitter, I can now say that if I had not taken that step to learn, I never would have met a new client over 3000 miles away in Massachusetts on the other side of the country.
Meet Brad Marmo (@ReadBradTheDad) who took the opportunity to strike up a conversation with me on Twitter during a #DadChat, and after some wonderful idea-sharing, we were able to produce his very first comic strip together: There's Something About Daddy

We all have wonderful stories and ideas to share and I would love to 'toon yours. You can follow me at https://twitter.com/VoogDesigns and tweet me your ideas.
Thank you for the opportunity to serve you!

No comments: